Requests for Johan

Post by PeplumParadise » 05/05/2024, 14:47

Johan Melle wrote:
05/05/2024, 14:36
PeplumParadise wrote:
01/04/2024, 0:37
Johan Melle wrote:
01/04/2024, 0:06

Yes, that dubbing credit is for I ladri (1959), and more specifically for Armando Calvo's voice during the scenes where he is in disguise as an FBI agent, spoken in Italian but with an American accent by what is clearly a real American. Italian Wikipedia says Burt Nelson is doing the voice, whereas the Mondo Dei Doppiatori website says it's Richard McNamara. They're actually both wrong, as the one doing the voice is Frank Latimore, whose voice I know very well.

No idea where the information that it was Burt Nelson could come from, but I figured it was worth investigating if Nelson may have done some dubbing, and apparently he did. I asked Rodd Dana, and he described Nelson as a "Hollywood he-man type who created “Popeyes” Marburger Restaurant on the Via Veneto. Did some acting and dubbing". That's all I know.

Btw, your filmography for Burt Nelson is missing Erinnerung an einen Sommer in Berlin (1972), a West German semi-documentary made for TV.
Thanks, that at least adds a bit more to his biography. The topic is still in progress, I was going to look for that doc in the morning :)
Having now looked at Colpo gobbo all'italiana, I discovered that Burt is dubbed in Italian with an American accent by Frank Latimore. Clearly, someone assumed this was Burt's real voice and have added on Wikipedia and IMDb that he dubbed the disguised FBI agent in I ladri, but it's really Latimore who dubbed both roles.

Anyway, I managed to find two newspaper articles that contain some more biographical information about Burt.

This is from Twin City Sentinel (September 22, 1958)
Burt Nelson Twin_City_Sentinel_Mon__Sep_22__1958_.jpg

And this is from Everett Herald (November 1, 1969)
Burt Nelson Everett_Herald_Sat__Nov_1__1969_.jpg

I've also found a few brief newspaper notices about Jon Chevron that reveal some bits of information that might be useful:

This is from California Eagle (March 1, 1962)
Jon Chevron California_Eagle_Thu__Mar_1__1962_.jpg

California Eagle (March 22, 1962)
Jon Chevron California_Eagle_Thu__Mar_22__1962_.jpg

And finally from The San Bernardino County (July 15, 1962)
Jon Chevron The_San_Bernardino_County_Sun_Sun__Jul_15__1962_.jpg
Thank you, I will read through those and will add whatever information I can to their biographies.

I also want to expand the biography for Agustin Bescos a little since, with 300+ roles, he really deserves more than one line, but since it is your topic I wanted to check with you first.

Johan Melle

Requests for Johan

Post by Johan Melle » 05/05/2024, 14:58

PeplumParadise wrote:
05/05/2024, 14:47
I also want to expand the biography for Agustin Bescos a little since, with 300+ roles, he really deserves more than one line, but since it is your topic I wanted to check with you first.
That's a topic I started back in the old forum when we didn't even know what his name was. Feel free to make any changes and corrections that you feel are appropriate.

PeplumParadise
Name: Nick

Requests for Johan

Post by PeplumParadise » 07/05/2024, 12:05

Johan Melle wrote:
I've also found a few brief newspaper notices about Jon Chevron that reveal some bits of information that might be useful:

Looking through my old head shots from Cleopatra for Chevron, I think I may have found him, though he's never in sharp focus due to camera movement. This would make sense since the article says he appeared with Archie Savage, who is also in this scene.
cleopatra_uk425.jpg
c539.jpg

I also wondered if this might be Siva Fazi, who I doubt anyone else would recognise apart from you
cleopatra_uk501.jpg
c673.jpg

Johan Melle

Requests for Johan

Post by Johan Melle » 10/05/2024, 23:56

PeplumParadise wrote:
07/05/2024, 12:05
Johan Melle wrote:

Looking through my old head shots from Cleopatra for Chevron, I think I may have found him, though he's never in sharp focus due to camera movement. This would make sense since the article says he appeared with Archie Savage, who is also in this scene.
cleopatra_uk425.jpgc539.jpg

I also wondered if this might be Siva Fazi, who I doubt anyone else would recognise apart from you
cleopatra_uk501.jpgc673.jpg
Yes, looks like you found Jon Chevron. Agreed!

I don't think the lady is Siva Fazi, though.

PeplumParadise

Requests for Johan

Post by PeplumParadise » 12/05/2024, 13:11

By any chance do you have a good head shot of Angela Palmieri that could be used for the main image in her topic? There are shots from the films that could be used, but none that are very good

Johan Melle

Requests for Johan

Post by Johan Melle » 12/05/2024, 14:54

PeplumParadise wrote:
12/05/2024, 13:11
By any chance do you have a good head shot of Angela Palmieri that could be used for the main image in her topic? There are shots from the films that could be used, but none that are very good
I might be able to find one in one of the fotoromanzi, but I don't have one readily available right now, no.

PeplumParadise

Requests for Johan

Post by PeplumParadise » 14/05/2024, 15:00

Do you still have the nice print of Il nostro agente a Casablanca? If so could you please get me some images of Lang Jeffries, as the only copies I could find online are all awful.

If you are familiar with José María Caffarel I could also use some images of him from the film to save me asking again at a later date

Johan Melle

Requests for Johan

Post by Johan Melle » 15/05/2024, 23:29

PeplumParadise wrote:
14/05/2024, 15:00
Do you still have the nice print of Il nostro agente a Casablanca? If so could you please get me some images of Lang Jeffries, as the only copies I could find online are all awful.

If you are familiar with José María Caffarel I could also use some images of him from the film to save me asking again at a later date
Yes, I have it but on DVD, so will see if I can find it.

Also have Helga Liné in Blue Blood / Blaues Blut if you need that.

PeplumParadise

Requests for Johan

Post by PeplumParadise » 15/05/2024, 23:42

Johan Melle wrote:
15/05/2024, 23:29
PeplumParadise wrote:

Thank you, and yes please for Blue Blood, in both cases I will save spaces in the topics if I reach them before you are ready.

Johan Melle

Requests for Johan

Post by Johan Melle » 17/05/2024, 21:34

PeplumParadise wrote:
15/05/2024, 23:42
Johan Melle wrote:
15/05/2024, 23:29
PeplumParadise wrote:

Thank you, and yes please for Blue Blood, in both cases I will save spaces in the topics if I reach them before you are ready.
I've got Helga ready in Blue Blood in the role of Ana Zacharias
Blue Blood - Helga Line1.jpg
Blue Blood - Helga Line2.jpg
Blue Blood - Helga Line3.jpg
Blue Blood - Helga Line4.jpg
Blue Blood - Helga Line5.jpg
Blue Blood - Helga Line6.jpg

This one is a bit problematic in terms of how to list. IMDb lists in under the German title Blues Blut and also uses the German episode titles, in this case "Wo der Teufel wacht". This was, however, a co-production between several European countries, including the UK, and the shooting language looks to have been English (even if several actors, including Helga, are clearly dubbed), so using the English title might be more logical. Using the German version as the basis like IMDb does is also problematic due to the German version having aired the episodes completely out of order (with the pilot episode that introduces the characters and sets up the plot being split into two aired as episodes 7 and 8!) in 1990, but the correct year should be 1989 as the entire series was apparently aired that year (with episodes in the correct order) in Belgium (and maybe elsewhere too). The English title of this episode is "Devil's Lair".