Carl Latimer was a Jamaican actor and stuntman who was active in Italian films from the late 50's to the mid-60's. Around 1962 he reversed the Italian trend of Americanising names when he Italianised his, becoming "Carlo Latimer" for his last few credited roles, and it is under this name you will mostly find him listed on the internet.
There is not much known about Carl, though it is presumed he was a professional boxer in America, where he also appeared in one known film role, billed as Carl Rocky Latimer.
He seems to have arrived in Italy in the mid-50's, at a time where a whole group of black American actors appeared, all of whom worked steadily in supporting roles for the next decade. Aside from Carl these included Alfred Thomas, stuntman/singer Harold Bradley, singer Edith Peters, dancers Wilbert Bradley, Van Aikens, Janine Hendy and her sister Gloria, along with John Kitzmiller who had arrived a few years earlier.
Carl's filmography is rather small at present, I hope some additional roles will be forthcoming, maybe in some different genres.
Cinemafrodiscendente includes some interesting information about Carl having been fired from Cleopatra (1962).
- The Joe Louis story .... Arthur Pine (credited as "Carl Rocky Latimer")
- Erode il grande .... Herod's slave (uncredited)
- Barabba .... Gladiator (uncredited)
- La vendetta di Ursus .... Sabra's servant (credited)
- Boccaccio '70 - segment: "Le tentazioni del dottor Antonio" .... American musician (uncredited)
- Maciste contro lo Sceicco .... Selim (credited)
- Totò contro Maciste .... Guard (uncredited)
- Le sette folgori di Assur .... Uluk (uncredited)
- L'invincibile cavaliere mascherato .... Tabuca (credited as "Carlo Latimer")
- Ursus nella terra di fuoco .... Strong man in tournament (uncredited)
- Anthar l'invincibile .... Slave carrying pillow with sword (uncredited)
- Ercole contro i figli del sole.... Chaco (credited as "Carlo Latimer")
There is one additional role listed in Carl's filmography on IMDb which I have not so far found images for:
- Più rosa che giallo (TV series, 1962) - ep. 5: "La Signora della collana"; in which he plays Primo negro.