Easily recognisable from his short and stocky build, bald head and beard, Spartaco Nale's earliest known film appearance was in Visconti's Senso (1954), after which there is a 3 year gap before his next found credit. From 1957-1962 he worked steadily in peplum and historical features, including a number of credited supporting roles in high profile productions, after which he seems to have vanished completely.
- L'arte di arrangiarsi .... Artist friend of Casaletti (uncredited)
- Senso .... Austrian officer (uncredited)
- La venere di Cheronea .... One of Armodio's guards (uncredited)
- Peppino, le modelle e.... ''chella llà'' .... Restaurant customer (uncredited)
- I Reali di Francia .... One of Basirocco's men (uncredited)
- La tempesta .... Cossack at banquet (uncredited)
- Le fatiche di Ercole .... King Aison (credited)
- Cartagine in fiamme .... Sidone's guard (uncredited)
- Il terrore dei barbari .... Barbarian (uncredited)
- La battaglia di Maratona .... Guard holding Andromeda (uncredited)
- I cosacchi .... Cossack (uncredited)
- La vendetta di Ercole .... Eurito's bodyguard (uncredited)
- Messalina, Venere imperatrice .... Tibuleno (credited)
- La strada dei giganti .... role? (credited)
- Il terrore della maschera rossa .... Guard (uncredited)
- Barabba .... Guard in sulphur mines (credited)
- Costantino il Grande .... One of Constantine's commanders (credited)
- I Tartari .... Body double for Orson Welles as Burundai (uncredited - uncertain identification)
- Le meraviglie di Aladino .... Henchman (uncredited)
- Rosmunda e Alboino .... Army captain (credited)
- Sodoma e Gomorra .... Sodomite officer (uncredited)
- Marco Polo .... Prison guard (credited)
Titles to check!
- Canzoni a tempo di twist (1962)
A couple of oddities!
There are 2 films found in some filmographies online that date from many years after Nale's career seemingly ended.
- Catacombs (1988) - contains a credit for a "Sparco Nale" as Present-day monk. None of the monks who are of an appropriate age look anything like Spartaco, even allowing for 25 years of aging, so I would say certainly that this is not him.
- Ricky & Barabba (1992) - ANICA and IMDb credit Spartaco with no role given. I have not been able to find a copy of this one to check, but I would say his appearance would be unlikely.