Pasquale Fasciano was born on April 30th 1918 in Monteiasi, Italy and also died there on March 31st 1974. He was married twice, with 2 sons, Lino and Fausto, from his second wife, Adriana.
He was very tall, 2m 15cm (7' 05"), and had very striking facial features (lips, nose, cheekbones, lines in his forehead) combining to give him a very unique and memorable look. His looks lent themselves to playing monsters and for the films of Fellini, who reportedly discovered him. He was active in Italian films from the start of the 40's until the mid-70's, more often uncredited, I am sure there could be a few undocumented film appearances to be uncovered.
I think his biographical details can be relied upon since they come from a book called "Pasquale Fasciano, l'uomo delle nevi - Il gigante di Cinecitta" by Francesco Occhibianco. I don't have the book, but you can read a review and here there are extensive extracts and images from the book including a filmography. The book, which appears to be well illustrated and informative, can be purchased from the Lulu.com website.
- Labbra serrate .... Boxing match spectator (uncredited)
- Dagli Appennini alle Ande .... Caravan member (uncredited)
- L'ultima carrozzella .... Prisoner (uncredited)
- Harlem (Knock-out) .... Spectator at boxing match (uncredited)
- Amor non ho! Però, però... .... One of Maurizio's henchmen (uncredited)
- Amore e sangue .... The mute (credited)
- I sette nani alla riscossa .... Giant (uncredited)
- La famiglia Passaguai .... Big man on the beach (uncredited)
- La vendetta di Aquila Nera .... Selim's lieutenant (uncredited)
- Messalina .... Neighbourhood thug (uncredited)
- O.K. Nerone .... Thief (uncredited)
- È arrivato l'accordatore .... Robber (credited)
- Io, Amleto .... Giant (uncredited)
- Jolanda la figlia del Corsaro Nero .... Pirate (uncredited)
- L'eroe sono io .... Tony Flanaghan (credited)
- Gli italiani e le donne .... Tall man at the Salvation Army meeting (uncredited)
- Maciste contro lo Sceicco .... Fighter (uncredited)
- Vulcano, figlio di Giove .... Lizard Man (credited)
- I magnifici Brutos del West .... Gunman (uncredited)
- I figli del leopardo .... Man in crowd at performance (uncredited)
- 7 donne d'oro contro due 07 .... Guardian of the cave (uncredited)
- A Man could get Killed .... Carmo (credited)
- La morte viene dal pianeta Aytin .... Snow devil (uncredited)
- I clowns .... Tall man (uncredited)
- Noi donne siamo fatte così - ep.: "Chiamate Roma 21-21".... One of the three rapists (credited?)
- Il west ti va stretto, amico... è arrivato Alleluja .... Pueblo Indian chief (uncredited)
- La mala ordina .... Don Vito henchman (credited)
- Le notti peccaminose di Pietro l'Aretino .... Executioner (uncredited)
- Masuccio salernitano .... Friar chef (uncredited)
- Sollazzevoli storie di mogli gaudenti e mariti penitenti - Decameron nº 69 .... Tonia's husband (credited)
- Fischia Il Sesso .... Man proposed as husband by the marriage agency (uncredited)
- Innocenza e turbamento .... Cafe customer who gropes Lola (credited)
- Milano: il clan dei Calabresi .... Man at police station (uncredited)
- L'uomo delle nevi (1958) unreleased feature film
- "La tragedia di Kastener" (Published in Duemila from May to September 1951) - credited
There are a number of films where Pasquale is credited as appearing somehere online which I haven't been able to find, mostly 1940's titles - so if anybody has a copy of any of these you know what to do.
- Bengasi (1942)
- Il fanciullo del West (1942)
- La carne e l'anima (1945)
- Sambo (1950)
- Libera uscita (1950)
- Fellini - Block notes di un regista (1969) .... Actor trying to get Fellini to cast him (uncredited) - This role is not played by Pasquale Fasciano, but by Suleiman Ali Nashnush.
- Le quattro giornate di Napoli (1962) as The strong man who pulls the artillery piece forward - After seeing better quality images of the film, we have come to the opinion that this character is not played by Fasciano but it's just a look-a-like.