Seeking fame and fortune, she moved to Hamburg in the 1960s to find work as an actress. She picked up some gigs as a nightclub singer, but did not find acting work, so she decided to instead go to Rome, hoping she would find more success in the blossoming Italian film industry. In Rome, Kitty's beauty and charm quickly drew the attention of producers, and she earned small roles in a number of comedies and Eurospy movies. Usually cast in decorative and often uncredited roles, Kitty nevertheless worked constantly, and in addition to being in films, she also starred in many TV commercials and in fotoromanzi for magazines like Bolero, Grand Hotel and Tipo.
Her big break came when she earned the leading role in the jungle adventure Gungala, la vergine della giungla (1967), starring as a sort of female Tarzan. The film was very successful and brought Kitty considerable press attention, but instead of becoming a big star, she ended up being typecast in these jungle adventures. First in the sequel Gungala, la pantera nuda (1968) and then in the similar Zan, re della giungla (1969).
Unfortunately, Kitty's career came to a tragic end during the shooting of yet another jungle adventure: Tarzan e la pantera nera. While on location in Rainbow Springs, Florida in October 1970, some unskilled pyrotechnicians caused a terrible fire during the shooting of a scene where Kitty and her co-star Steve Hawkes were tied up. Because they were tied up, the two actors were helpless as the flames got out of control, and though they were thankfully rescued, both suffered serious burn wounds.
For Kitty Swan, this terrible accident meant the end of her acting career. In 1971, she sought treatment for her burn wounds in Montenegro, where an expert successfully treated her with herbs. While in Montenegro, Kitty made a record together with Serbian pop-folk singer Toma Zdravković.
Returning to Italy, Kitty Swan was last written about in the press in 1973, when she married her great love Roberto Casali, who had stood by her during all the hard times after her accident.
- I due pericoli pubblici .... English tourist at the museum (uncredited)
- Gli amanti latini - segment "Gli amanti latini" .... Girl doing exercises on the beach (uncredited)
- I due sergenti del generale Custer .... Prostitute in the saloon (uncredited)
- Agente 3S3, massacro al sole .... Girl in General Siqueiros' harem (credited)
- Borman .... Kent's lover (credited)
- Come svaligiammo la Banca d'Italia .... Girl at nightclub (uncredited)
- I criminali della galassia .... A.G. agent (uncredited)
- Il vostro super agente Flit .... One of Flit's girls (credited)
- Io, io, io... e gli altri .... Showering girl (uncredited - scene deleted)
- L'affare Beckett .... Girl with broken down car (uncredited)
- Password: Uccidete agente Gordon .... Dancer (uncredited)
- Perry Grant, agente di ferro .... Perry's girl on the beach (uncredited)
- Tecnica di un omicidio .... Girl in bed with Tony (uncredited)
- Un uomo a metà .... Girl in the park (credited)
- Deadlier Than the Male .... Fedra's girl (uncredited)
- Gungala, la vergine della giungla .... Gungala (credited)
- Il fischio al naso .... Salus Bank clinic attendant who welcomes Inzerna on arrival (uncredited)
- Le plus vieux métier du monde - segment "Ère préhistorique" .... Cave woman (uncredited)
- O.K. Connery .... Henchwoman (uncredited)
- The House of 1000 Dolls .... One of the "dolls" (credited)
- Gungala, la pantera nuda .... Gungala (credited)
- Zan, re della giungla .... Irula (credited)
- Tarzan e la pantera nera .... Irula (credited)
- Ballata da un miliardo (1967) .... Valeria
- Barbarella (1968) .... Girl in Sogo
- La morte ha fatto l'uovo (1968) - role unknown but her participation in the film is mentioned in some articles
- Forza "G" (1971) .... Motorbiker