|Cirillo Konopleff in "Centomila dollari" (1940)|
Cirillo Konopleff was born as Kirill Grigor'evič on 9 June 1882 in Abastumani (then a part of the Russian empire) and died on either 29 July or 1 August 1956 in Rome, Italy.
He lived in Rome, in Via Palestro, 69.
A very distinctive-looking man with a bald head, large moustache and often seen with monocle, he was a family friend of the last tsar of Russia, for whom he also served as a cavalry colonel in the army. Following the October revolution of 1917, he sought shelter in Italy, where he ended up appearing as a generico in several films made during the 1930s, 40s and 50s.
1. Identification and biographical informations provided by Simone Ribeiro of the Tototruffa website.
2. Cineguida di Dante Lazzaro 1943-XXI.
- Dora Nelson .... Musician on film set (uncredited)
- Imputato alzatevi! .... Nightclub customer whose head is mistaken for a balloon (uncredited)
- Torna, caro ideal! .... Audience member at the recital (uncredited)
- Centomila dollari .... Man in hotel lobby (uncredited)
- Piccolo alpino .... The burgomaster (uncredited)
- I mariti .... Guest at the ball / Man at the fox hunt (uncredited)
- I pirati della Malesia .... British officer at the party (uncredited)
- Il romanzo di un giovane povero .... The general (uncredited)
- Vertigine .... Roulette player (uncredited)
- Harlem (Knock-out) .... Spectator at boxing match (uncredited)
- Non mi muovo! .... Nightclub customer (uncredited)
- Il sole di Montecassino .... Zanna's lieutenant (uncredited)
- I due orfanelli .... Member of the suicide club (uncredited)
- Amanti senza amore .... A professor (uncredited)
- Follie per l'opera .... Autograph hunter (uncredited)
- Al diavolo la celebrità .... Polish delegate (uncredited)
- La bellezza del diavolo .... Guest at the ball (uncredited)
- Totò cerca moglie .... Guest at the embassy party (uncredited)
- Maracatumba... ma non è una rumba! .... Angry man waiting in line outside the restaurant (uncredited)
- Carica eroica .... Man singing in the tavern (uncredited)
- I morti non pagano le tasse .... Witness at the signing of the documents (uncredited)
- Canzone appassionata .... Nightclub customer (uncredited)
- Lo scocciatore (Via Padova 46) .... Spectator at airport (uncredited)
- Roman Holiday .... Dignitary introduced to Princess Ann (uncredited)
- Mambo .... Witness at the reading of the will (uncredited)
Some further titles that Cirillo is supposed to appear in, but for which I've not been able to find copies...
- Hanno rapito un uomo (1938) ANICA
- Batticuore (1939) Tototruffa, as Guest at the embassy ball
- Castelli in aria (1939) ANICA
- Terra di fuoco (1939) ANICA
Cirillo is missing!
As is apparently always the case, there are some titles where Cirillo is listed as appearing, but in which I can't find him...
- Giuseppe Verdi (1938) Listed by ANICA with no role given. I couldn't spot him anywhere, but there's an endless crowd of audience members in some of the opera scenes and most of them are never clearly seen, so it's very much possible that he appears in some of those scenes but without being visible on-screen.