Tall, beautiful and usually blonde, Margaret Rose Keil was an actress and model, active mostly in Italian films from the start of the 60’s until the early 80’s. She was also very active as a model for fotoromanzi and mens magazines.
Not one to shy away from controversy, she tackled taboo subjects in several of her early films, including an interracial romance with Fernando Piazza in Le prigioniere dell'isola del diavolo and playing a promiscuous girl who contracts a sexually transmitted disease in the British production That Kind of Girl, her only lead role.
Her willingness to disrobe kept her employed in Italian cinema throughout the 70’s, largely in exploitation fare such as “decamerotici” and W.I.P. pictures. Her final film appearance would appear to have been in 1981, after which no information is known.
Her biographical details are rather sketchy. There are reports online and in magazine articles of her having been born in either Berlin (from several magazine articles) or Charlottenberg in Germany and a possible year of birth is 1943, but all unconfirmed. One of her adult magazine appearances reports that she was 1.73m tall, another reports her vital statistics as being 38-22-36..
Her filmography should be fairly complete, but never rule out the possibility of uncredited film roles or television appearances being found.
- La ragazza di mille mesi (credited?) .... role?
- Le prigioniere dell'isola del diavolo (credited?) .... Rosy
- Totò di notte n. 1 (credited) .... Woman looking for a rickshaw
- Gli imbroglioni (credited) .... Daughter of Gustav Schultz
- That Kind of Girl (credited) .... Eva Koenig
- ...e la donna creò l'uomo (poster credit) .... Giulia
- Panic Button (uncredited) .... Girl at the hotel
- Agente Jo Walker operazione Estremo Oriente (credited) .... Selena
- Addio mamma (credited) .... Margherita
- La più bella coppia del mondo (credited) .... Ingrid
- ...e lo chiamarono Spirito Santo (poster credit as Margaret Rose) .... Consuelo
- I due pezzi da 90 (credited) .... Bonaria
- Il ritorno del gladiatore più forte del mondo (credited) .... Caio Appio's sister
- Roma Bene (credited as Rose Margaret Keil) .... Suzy
- Decameroticus (credited as Margaret Rose) .... Nardella
- Il Decamerone proibito (poster credit as M. Rose Keil) .... Monna Beatrice
- Io monaca... per tre carogne e sette peccatrici (credited) .... Gail
- Corte marziale (credited) .... Jane, the colonel's granddaughter
- Diario segreto da un carcere femminile (uncredited) .... Swedish prisoner
- Elena sì... ma di Troia (credited) .... Clitemnestra
- Fra' Tazio da Velletri (credited) .... Ginevra
- Le mille e una notte... e un'altra ancora! (credited) .... Kasal
- Metti... che ti rompo il muso (credited) .... Mireille
- Metti lo diavolo tuo ne lo mio inferno (credited as Margareth Rose Keil) .... Amalasunta
- Novelle licenziose di vergini vogliose (credited) .... Fioretta
- Quando i califfi avevano le corna... (credited as Margareth Rose Keil) .... Caliph of Bagdad's wife
- Lucrezia giovane (credited as Rose Marie Keller) .... Woman testing Giovanni's virility
- Zelda (credited as Margareth Keil) .... Ursula
- Ein echter Hausfrauenfreund (poster credit) .... Evelyn
- La polizia brancola nel buio (credited) .... Enrichetta Blond
- Scusi eminenza... posso sposarmi? (poster credit as Margareth Rose Keil) .... role?
- Arrivano i gatti (uncredited) .... Swedish wife
- Febbre a 40! (credited) .... Sylvia
- Giochi erotici nella terza galassia (credited as Margaret Rose) .... Village leader's wife
- TV commercials for Punt e Mes vermouth, 1960's (various years)
- Sogno Mensile n. 30: "Questo amore innocente" (Published April 1967) - credited as Margareth Rose
- "Una ragazza si ribella" (Published in Grand Hotel from June to September 1967) - credited
- Le avventure di Jacques Douglas n. 34: "Ombre sotto la luna" (Published July 1968) - credited
- Letizia n. 93: "Tutto il mondo è amore ma non per me" (Published 10 July 1968) - credited
- "Quel maledetto forestiero" (Published in Sogno from January to June 1969) - credited as Margareth Rose
- Le avventure di Lucky Martin n. 5: "Si muore solo tre volte" (Published February 1969) - credited
- Le avventure di Jacques Douglas n. 42: "Foreste di un mondo lontano" (Published March 1969) - credited
- I racconti di Sogno n 41: "Droga" (Published March 1969) - credited as Margareth Rose
- Idillio n. 75: "L'amore è ombra, l'amore è luce" (Published March 1969) - credited
- "L'oltraggio" (Published in Sogno from June to November 1969) - credited as Margareth Rose
- Le avventure di Lucky Martin n. 11: "Brindisi per un assassinio" (Published August 1969) - credited
- I racconti di Sogno n. 50: "Le due facce della verità" (Published December 1969) - credited as Rose Keil
- Mina n. 94: "Triangolo d'amore" (Published January 1970) - credited
- I romanzi di Sogno n. 272: "Valentina non piangere" (Published February 1970) - credited as Margareth Rose
- Le avventure di Lucky Martin n. 20: "La paura viene di notte" (Published May 1970) - credited
- "La maschera del peccato" (Published in Sogno from June to November 1970) - credited as Margareth Rose
- Le avventure di Jacques Douglas n. 59: "La vita appesa ad un filo" (Published August 1970) - credited
- Sogno Mensile n. 71: "L'uomo senza sorriso" (Published September 1970) - credited as Margareth Rose
- "L'amante" (Published in Sogno from January to April 1971) - credited as Margareth Rose
- "Quando tornerai a cercarmi" (Published in Sogno from July to late 1972) - credited as Margaret Rose
- Nuovo Super Lesbo n. 24: "Le dimensioni dell'amore" (Published 8 May 1973)
- Nuovo Super Lesbo n. 28: "L'amaro sapore di lesbo" (Published 10 July 1973)
- Nuovo Super Lesbo n. 35: "La vendetta di Z/1" (Published 16 October 1973)
- Le avventure di Jacques Douglas n. 137: "L'amore in altra dimensione" (Published February 1977) - credited
- Charme n. 395: "Quei giorni..." (Published 24 February 1977) - credited
More Margaret Rose!
There are a few more titles to be found where Margaret Rose should appear. If you have images of her (or her credit) from any of the titles below, you know what to do.
- I magnifici tre (1961) ANICA as Juanita
- Corte marziale (1973) IMDb
- Metti... che ti rompo il muso (1974) ANICA as Mireille
- La missione del mandrillo (1975) IMDb
There always has to be one! Films where Margaret Rose is credited somewhere online, but is not found.
- I marziani hanno 12 mani (1961) ANICA with no role given. Johan has looked at the film with no luck.