Nathaniel "Nat" Bush is an American dancer, singer and choreographer who spent the majority of his career in Italy, where he also supplemented his income by appearing in small, uncredited roles in numerous films. For many years he has been erroneously identified as Martin Sorrentino, so it's really about time that things are finally put straight.
Unfortunately, there's very little biographical information available on Nat. In the US, he was a member of The Archie Savage dancers and his earliest known appearance is a very small part alongside Savage in the Hollywood production South Pacific (1958). Archie Savage relocated to Italy shortly afterwards, and Nat was among the dancers who followed him. He can be seen appearing as part of The Archie Savage Dancers in the mondo movie Europa di notte (1959) and very probably also appears with Savage in some other mondo movies from the same period.
In the 1960s, he began to appear in acting roles - usually in small uncredited parts in films as well as some fotoromanzi, but he also played the leading role of Brother Rat in the Adrienne Kennedy play "La messa dei topi" ("A Rat's Mass"), performed at the New American Theatre in Rome in 1966.
He also had a career as a singer, most notably as a member of the New Folkstudio Singers (a new incarnation of the 1960s group The Folkstudio Singers) in the 1970s, and released the 12" single "Taste of Love Again" in 1983.
Nat can be seen in small uncredited roles in a number of Italian films from the late 1970s and early 1980s, including several well-known gory horror films (among them three movies directed by Lucio Fulci).
Nat's last known on-screen appearances are from 1983, but he appears to have continued to work as a choreographer and dance teacher. The most recent mention of him that I've been able to find is in the CV of dance teacher Fabrizio Laurentaci, who lists that in January 1988 he studied "Afrojazz technique with Nat Bush, American choreographer and teacher".
- South Pacific .... Firetender (credited)
- Europa di notte .... Member of The Archie Savage Dancers (credited as "Natt Bush")
- Il grande colpo dei 7 uomini d'oro .... Radio host / One of the general's soldiers (uncredited)
- Dossier Mata Hari (TV mini-series) - ep. 1 .... The notable Javanese (credited)
- La rappresentazione della terribile caccia alla balena bianca Moby Dick (TV mini-series) - ep. 2-5 .... Fedallah (credited)
- Il grande racket .... Tourist (uncredited)
- Il signor Robinson, mostruosa storia d'amore e d'avventure .... Native tribesman (uncredited)
- Quelle strane occasioni - segment "Italian superman" .... Porno nightclub patron (uncredited)
- Anno zero - Guerra nello spazio .... Journalist (uncredited)
- Follie di notte .... African dancer in nightclub (uncredited)
- Goodbye & amen .... CIA agent (uncredited)
- Papaya dei Caraibi .... Man at the macumba ritual (uncredited)
- Sam & Sally (TV series) - season 1, ep. 2: "Bedelia" .... Restaurant pianist (uncredited)
- Top Secret (TV movie) .... Sergeant (credited)
- Via della prostituzione .... Madame Claude henchman (uncredited)
- Zombi 2 .... Newspaper office employee (uncredited)
- Contamination .... Warehouse guard (uncredited)
- Paura nella città dei morti viventi .... Sergeant Clay (uncredited)
- Rosso sangue .... Policeman (uncredited)
- 1990: I guerrieri del Bronx .... Member of The Tigers (uncredited)
- Lo squartatore di New York .... Police detective (uncredited)
- Manhattan Baby .... Building caretaker (uncredited)
- Fuga dal Bronx .... News photographer (uncredited)
- New Folkstudio Singers 76 (1976) - A 25 minute television concert of Nat and the rest of the New Folkstudio Singers performing various song. Nat and the rest of the group members are credited in the end titles.
- Le avventure di Jacques Douglas n. 38: "Nell'aria c'è un profumo di morte" (November 1968)
- Letizia n. 102: "I fiori della metropoli non hanno sorriso" (25 November 1968)
- Le avventure di Jacques Douglas n. 46: "I pirati di Isla Grande" (July 1969)
- Kimba re dell'Africa nera n. 5: "Il messaggio della morte" (31 March 1970)