Gino Soldi began his career as an actor in the early 60's, amassing 6 or 7 credited minor supporting roles between 1961-65, predominantly in historical productions, where he briefly cornered the market in sleazy pirate roles.
From the late 60's he changed direction, becoming a production assistant/director/manager/supervisor, a career he continued until 1980 with 14 known credits (plus one more dating from 1994), predominantly working on productions shot in Milan.
No biographical details are currently known.
Easy to recognise with his short black beard, greased-back hair and receding hairline, I think it is highly likely that there could be some additional uncredited acting roles to be found for him.
- Il terrore dei mari (credited) .... Pirate
- Le avventure di Mary Read (uncredited) .... Pirate
- Gli eroi del doppio gioco (credited) .... Smuggler
- Maciste contro lo sceicco (credited) .... Benda Nera
- L'invincibile cavaliere mascherato (credited?) .... Miguel
- Sansone contro i pirati (credited) .... Murad's henchman
- Il mistero dell'isola maledetta (credited) .... Pirate
- Dick Smart 2.007 (uncredited as actor) .... Scientist
Acting titles to check!
There is 1 further title where Gino should be credited as an actor.
- La mano sul facile (1963) ANICA with no given role. This appears to be a really obscure production, also featuring Isarco Ravaioli. I couldn't even find any publicity material for it.
- Venga a prendere il caffè... da noi (Production supervisor)
- Il diavolo nel cervello (Production supervisor)
- Milano rovente (Director of production)
- Revolver (Production supervisor)
- 5 donne per l'assassino (Milan production director)
- Mark il poliziotto (Director of production for Milan)
- Il bocconcino (Director of production)
- La cerimonia dei sensi (Director of production)
Production titles to check!
There are further titles to be checked where Gino should have production credits.
- Dick Smart 2.007 (1967) - IMDb as Production supervisor. The closing credits on my copy were cut short before his name appeared.
- Due occhi per uccidere (1968) - IMDb as Production supervisor
- La morte risale a ieri sera (1970) - IMDb as Production supervisor
- Oh, Serafina! (1976) - IMDb as Production manager
- Belli e brutti ridono tutti (1979) - IMDb as Production manager
- Semmelweis (TV movie) (1980) - IMDb as Production manager
- Luana la porcona (1994) - IMDb as Production director