Eleonora Morana was a character actress active in small roles in Italian films and television from at least the mid-late 50's until the mid-80's.
With somewhat unconventional looks, she tended to get cast in "ugly duckling" roles, often to comic effect. In the 70's she divided her time playing slightly creepy or weird roles alongside a variety of maids and housekeepers. While she was more often credited, there are also a small number of uncredited appearances found for her, so it's quite possible that more will appear - maybe some early roles since she was already in her mid-30's when her known film career commenced.
Wikipedia and IMDb both give her unconfirmed birth details as September 13th 1922 in Milan, Italy. Since there are no known reports of her death, she is presumed to be still living and would be 97 at the time of writing. Given that she is probably largely unknown these days, while it is quite possible she is still living, it could also be possible that she died and her death went unreported, but for the moment I prefer to remain optimistic. No other biographical details are currently known.
- Medea (TV movie) (credited as Eleonora Maria Morana) .... Member of the chorus
- Ricordati di Napoli (credited) .... Stella Coppa
- Umiliati e offesi (TV mini-series, episodes 1 & 2) (credited) .... A woman
- I pirati della costa (credited) .... Woman at court
- Le signore (credited) .... Irene
- Cagliostro (TV movie) (credited) .... A woman
- Le avventure di Mary Read (credited) .... Miss Elizabeth
- Diciottenni al sole (credited) .... Maggie
- Gli eroi del doppio gioco (credited) .... Ernestina Liguori
- Più rosa che giallo (TV series, episode: Delitto alla televisione) (credited) .... role?
- Venere imperiale (uncredited) .... Dance pupil
- L'invincibile cavaliere mascherato (credited?) .... Rosaria
- Peppino al balcone (TV series, episode 3) (credited) .... One of the public
- Il magnifico cornuto (uncredited) .... Party guest
- Maciste nell'inferno di Gengis Khan (uncredited) .... Leader of the angry villagers
- Gli amanti latini (credited) .... Gargiulo's wife
- Per un pugno di canzoni (credited) .... The school teacher (role unconfirmed)
- Zorro il ribelle (credited) .... Consuela
- I giorni dell'ira (credited) .... General store proprietor
- Don Chisciotte e Sancio Panza (credited) .... Governess
- I 2 pompieri (credited) .... Commander's wife
- Il circolo Pickwick (TV series, episodes 2 & 3) (credited) .... The director of Westgate College
- Il poverello (TV series, episode 4) (credited) .... Giovanna
- Quarta parete (credited) .... Housemaid
- Stasera Fernandel (TV series, episode 2: Terrore al castello) (credited) .... Berta
- I fratelli Karamazov (TV mini-series, episode 1) (credited) .... Woman in the post office
- Zorro marchese di Navarra (credited) .... Isabella
- Di fronte alla legge (TV series, episode: Il testimone) (credited) .... Wife of the lorry driver
- Principe coronato cercasi per ricca ereditiera (uncredited) .... Creditor
- Armiamoci e partite! (credited) .... Woman waiting to use the toilet
- I racconti di Padre Brown (TV series, episode 2: Il duello del dottor Hirsch) (credited as Elonora Morana) .... The Englishwoman
- Racconti Italiani del '900 (TV series, episode: La pera) (credited) .... Manageress of the guest house
- Tara Poki (credited) .... Housekeeper
- Girolimoni, il mostro di Roma (credited) .... Assunta
- Il lutto si addice as Elettra (TV movie) (credited) .... Louise
- Storia di fifa e di coltello (credited) .... Woman talking to Franco
- Tentativo di fuga (TV movie) (credited) .... role?
- Il fiore dai petali d'acciaio (credited) .... Surgeon
- Sogni proibiti di Don Galeazzo curato di campagna (credited) .... Angelica
- Storia di una monaca di clausura (uncredited) .... Peasant woman
- Il sorriso del grande tentatore (credited) .... Nun
- Innocenza e turbamento (credited) .... Rosalia
- La figlia di Iorio (TV movie) (credited) .... "La vecchia delle erbe"
- La polizia chiede aiuto (credited) .... Polvesi housekeeper
- Amore vuol dir gelosia (credited) .... Disapproving neighbour
- Il giustiziere di mezzogiorno (credited) .... Nursing nun
- Il medaglione insanguinato (Perché?!) (credited) .... Contessa's maid
- Libera, amore mio! (credited) .... The fascist teacher
- Macchie solari (credited) .... Eleonora
- Una città in fondo alla strada (TV mini-series, episodes 1,2 & 5) (credited) .... Chiara's aunt
- Caro Michele (credited) .... Colarosa maid
- Dov'è Anna? (TV mini-series, episode 6) (credited) .... Secretary
- La Bettina (TV mini-series, episode 1) (credited) .... Donna Pasqua
- Movie Rush - La febbre del cinema (credited) .... Ines Arbizzani
- Telefoni bianchi (credited) .... Marcella's mother
- Il marito in collegio (uncredited) .... Motorist
- Oedipus orca (credited) .... Dr. Garbi's secretary
- Il giovane dottor Freud (TV mini-series, episode 1) (credited) .... Hysterical woman
- Parole e sangue (TV mini-series, episode 3) (uncredited) .... Janitor
- Quer pasticciaccio brutto de via Merulana (TV mini-series, episodes 1,2 & 3) (credited) .... Contessa Menegazzi
There are still some credits listed online which I have not yet been able to find. If you have images or credits of Eleonora in any of these you know what to do.
- Oltraggio al pudore (1964) ANICA as Asuncion
- Eroe vagabondo (1966) ANICA
- Il mistero (1967) TV movie, IMDb as Marta
- Il garofano rosso (1976) TV mini-series IMDb episodes 1-3 as Madama Ludovica
- Il buon soldato (1982) ANICA as altra giocatrice
- Storia di ragazzi e di ragazze (1989) ANICA
Images are also needed for the following titles included in her filmography from TV guide listings.
- Cagliostro (1961) as A woman
- Più rosa che giallo (1962)
- Peppino al balcone (1963) as One of the public
- Il poverello (1968) as Giovanna
- Di fronte alla legge (1970) as Wife of the lorry driver
- Racconti Italiani del '900 (1971) as Manageress of the guest house
- La Bettina (1976) as Donna Pasqua
- Il giovane dottor Freud (1982) as Hysterical woman
Morana is missing!
There always has to be one! Films where Eleonora is credited somewhere but where I have been unable to find her for whatever reason.
- L'oro di Roma (1961) ANICA and IMDb as Annetta. Our exhaustive research into this title failed to find Eleonora, my guess would be that someone mistook her in the uncredited role played by Adriana Facchetti.
- La orca (1976) IMDb with no role, she does not appear - presumably confused with her appearance in the sequel, Oedipus orca, the following year.