Third of six brothers, 1.72 m tall, with two intense green eyes, Nazzareno was born in Limpidi (IT) on April 4, 1938 to Colombo Natale and Natalizia Natale. The father, due to the great economic difficulties, decided to follow the path taken by many other italians and emigrated to Argentina where, once he found a job and settled down, he also wanted to bring the family that had to leave the small hometown. Here the young Nazzareno spent his adolescence strongly determined to want to return to Italy, because he had a dream: to be a famous actor.
So, around the early 60s he left his family and returned to Limpidi where he stayed for a short time. Subsequently he moved to Rome, to take advantage of the opportunities that the capital certainly offered. In 1962, after making an appearance in Robert Aldrich's colossal Sodom and Gomorrah, he began his acting studies at C.S.C. obtaining his diploma in 1965. He had made, in the meantime, a brief appearance in the film La noia (1963) by Damiano Damiani. In 1968 he participated in the film Romeo e Giulietta by Franco Zeffirelli. But his real debut was, the same year, with the role of Silio in Serafino, a famous film directed by Pietro Germi, together with Adriano Celentano, Ottavia Piccolo and Francesca Romana Coluzzi he is the protagonist of a story set in the Abruzzo countryside. This was, for him, a great opportunity which, thanks to a good expressive and humorous quality, allowed him to make himself known to the general public.
In 1971, after having worked in the film Venga a prendere un caffè da noi by Alberto Lattuada, he was chosen to play the role of Saverio Bordascione in Detenuto in attesa di giudizio. In this circumstance he found Nanni Loy, his acting teacher at the time of studies at the C.S.C., and he was able to demonstrate him a great versatility, playing a dramatic role.
His career will continued with small parts. We often find him as a "garnishment" of important movies, where he manages to give that something more.
In addition to having studied at the C.S.C., Nazzareno also boasts an experience at the Actors Studio in New York, a country where he has marginally participated in some film productions.
Nazzareno Natale was finally one of the most expressive and eclectic C.S.C. ever. He left on June 21, 2006 due to an incurable disease.
1. Acquaro.net by Domenico Giofrè.
2. Associazione Italiana Autori Scrittori Artisti "L'ARCHIVIO".
- La noia .... The son of Balestrieri, the old painter (credited)
- Romeo e Giulietta .... Boy in the scuffle (uncredited)
- Serafino .... Silio (credited as Nazareno Natale)
- Venga a prendere il caffè da noi .... The roundsman (credited as Natale Nazzareno)
- Detenuto in attesa di giudizio .... Saverio Bordascione (credited)
- Fratello homo sorella bona .... Bruno (credited)
- Joe Petrosino (TV mini-series) .... Gaetano Casalis (credited)
- Rappresaglia .... Partisan with glasses (credited)
- Teatro inchiesta N.35 (TV series) - ep.: "Ricorda la Pueblo" .... Sailor Harris (credited on Radiocorriere TV)
- Teresa la ladra .... Federico (credited)
- Anche gli angeli tirano di destro .... Jim, a confessor (credited as Natale Nazzareno)
- Dedicato a un medico (TV mini-series) - episode 2 .... Mechanic (credited as Nazareno Natale)
- E cominciò il viaggio nella vertigine .... Vanja (credited as Nazareno Natale)
- Il piatto piange .... Bertinelli, the milkman (credited)
- Il sorriso del grande tentatore .... Father Monaldi (credited)
- Il giustiziere di mezzogiorno .... The street sweeper who throws the garbage bags (uncredited)
- La pupa del gangster .... Frankie Bottles (credited)
- Novecento .... Peasant at Attila's execution (credited)
- Squadra antifurto .... The dog vendor (uncredited)
- Messalina, Messalina .... Matrullo (uncredited)
- Squadra antitruffa .... The taxi driver (credited as Natale Nazzareno)
- La notte rossa del Falco (La ciudad maldita) .... Butler to Elihu Willson (uncredited)
- La patata bollente .... Factory worker (credited)
- Il giocattolo .... Police officer (uncredited)
- Orient Express (TV mini-series) - episode 4: "Jane" .... role? (credited)
- Café Express .... Machinist drinking coffee (uncredited)
- Il vizietto 2 .... Demis (credited as Nazareno Natale)
- La cicala .... Gandula (credited as Natale Nazzareno)
- Mia moglie è una strega .... Taxi driver (uncredited)
- Pronto emergenza (TV series) - episode: "La morsa di fuoco" .... Forest official (credited as Nazareno Natale)
- L'adieu aux as (TV series) - episode 3: "Hors saison" .... André (as Nazareno Natale)
- Un eroe del nostro tempo (TV mini-series) - episodes 1, 2 .... Cesare (credited as Nazareno Natale)
- Venise en hiver (TV movie) .... Pagliero (credited on a journal)
- La chambre des dames (TV mini-series) - episode 9 .... Amaury's messenger (uncredited)
- La partita .... Tommaso, the wife seller (credited as Nazareno Natale)
- Slugs: The Movie .... The italian cook (credited?)
- Il ritmo del silenzio .... The grocer (credited as Nazareno Natale)
- Miliardi .... Beppe, the petty drunk (credited)
- L'ispettore Sarti (Un poliziotto, una città) (TV series) - season 2, ep. 3: "Brindisi di compleanno" .... Panco (credited as Nazareno Natale)
- Un medico in famiglia (TV series) - season 1, ep. 1: "La casa nuova" .... The pizza chef (credited as Nazareno Natale)
- Un medico in famiglia (TV series) - season 1, ep. 8: "Ferite vecchie e nuove" .... Adolfo, the pizza chef (credited as Nazareno Natale)
- Un uomo perbene .... Warrant officer (credited as Nazzareno Natale Natale)
- Gente di mare (TV series) - episode 8: "Principessa" .... Leoni (credited)
List of movies where's he's reported by someone on IMDb, but he doesn't appear at all.
- Per un pugno di dollari (1964 - uncredited)
- 7 pistole per i MacGregor (1966 - uncredited)