Giuseppe Mattei, more commonly known as James Harris, was an actor who appeared in mostly obscure French and Italian films during the 1960s and 70s.
His earliest known roles are in various French-Italian co-productions from the late 1960s, though the fact that he appears in Bye bye, Barbara (1969), a purely French production without Italian involvement, suggests he may have actually been living in France during that time.
From 1972, he was active in several sleazy Italian films, in some of which he was credited as Giuseppe Mattei, which has lead to all sorts of filmography confusions since stuntman-actor Giuseppe "Pino" Mattei was also active during the same period. He was last seen in a handful of cheap erotic French films released during 1975-77, but which were apparently all shot during 1973-74.
No biographical details are known about Giuseppe and he does not appear to have acted in many films, but he nevertheless managed to work with a number of very well-known cult directors such as Max Pécas, Jess Franco, Alberto Cavallone and Luigi Batzella, with has argueably most famous part being his role as the devil in Batzella's horror film Nuda per Satana (1974).
It's quite possible that there are some further appearances to be found for Giuseppe/James.
- I criminali della metropoli .... Member of the criminal gang (credited)
- Le main noire .... Thomas Varga (credited as "James Harris" - role unconfirmed)
- Les cracks .... Orlando Orlandi (credited)
- Bye bye, Barbara .... The racketeer (credited as "James Harris")
- Confessioni segrete di un convento di clausura .... Ser Loppolo (credited)
- La mano spietata della legge .... Quattroni henchman (credited)
- Nuda per Satana .... The devil (credited as "James Harris")
- Zelda .... Henry (credited as "James Harris")
- Les nuits brûlantes de Linda .... Lorna's lover (credited as "James Harris")
- Une vierge pour Saint-Tropez .... The butler (credited as "James Harris")
- Convoi de femmes .... Georges Dumel (poster credit as "James Harris" - role unconfirmed)
- Embrasse-moi .... Moira's lover (credited as "James Harris")
Films that have a credit for Giuseppe Mattei, but which need to be checked to try to determine which Giuseppe Mattei the credits refer to.
- Il fiore dai petali d'acciaio (1973)