Luciana Gilli’s radiant smile lit up Italian cinema screens for most of the 60’s.
She was born in Rome, Italy on November 11th, 1944 and is still living at the time of writing. In youth she spent a year at the C.S.C. but dropped out of school, because she was already very busy with cinema.
A number of websites claim that she made her film debut in 1953, but that is false. Her actual first film appearance came uncredited in 1959, in a scene in Blasetti's Europa di notte, with her first credited role in 1960, at the age of 16, in Adua e le compagne. From there she worked steadily throughout the 60’s, rising rapidly to leading-lady status. Her final known screen appearance came in 1971, but was shot several years earlier, so the last movie she filmed was actually Il sole è di tutti (1968). She retired prematurely due to a dissatisfaction with the roles she was playing and for the lack of a good agent.
Some of her biographical details are known from here, an interview conducted with Fabio Melelli on December 21st 2019, which he has generously shared on YouTube.
- Adua e le compagne (credited as Gloria Gilli) .... Dora
- Fantasmi a Roma (credited as Gloria Gilli) .... The girl in the park
- Le ambiziose (uncredited) .... Edoardo Peppino's girl
- Leoni al sole (credited) .... The girl
- I 4 monaci (credited) .... "La figlia dell'ortolano"
- Il dominatore dei 7 mari (uncredited) .... Indian wife
- Lo sceicco rosso (credited) .... Amina
- Gli imbroglioni (credited) .... Liliana Ferri
- La belva di Saigon (credited) .... Yvonne
- Ursus nella terra di fuoco (credited) .... Diana
- Il ladro di Damasco (credited as Luciana Gillj) .... Miriam
- Il conquistatore di Atlantide (credited) .... Virna
- La Colt è la mia legge (credited as Lucy Gilly) .... Louise O'Brien
- La montagna di luce (credited) .... Lilamani
- Una bara per lo sceriffo (credited) .... Jane Wilson
- Mano di velluto (credited) .... Patricia McGowan
- La morte non conta i dollari (credited) .... Jane White
- Moresque obiettivo allucinante (credited) .... Maya
- Pecos è qui: prega e muori! (credited) .... Dona Ramona
- Il sole è di tutti (credited) .... Olga
- Riuscirà il nostro eroe a ritrovare il più grande diamante del mondo? (credited) .... Desireé
- Europa di notte (1959) Uncredited, mentioned in her interview with Fabio Melelli.